Loading a MOBI FiXT eBook to Your Kindle
You can add to the Kindle using a USB cable or via email.
To add a Mobipocket (".mobi") FiXT Ebook to your Kindle:
- Turn your Kindle on
- Connect the Kindle to your computer using the USB cable that came with your Kindle
- Drag and drop the ".mobi" Ebook file into the documents folder on your Kindle
- When the USB activity indicator on your Kindle stops flashing, "Safely Remove Mass Storage Device" (Windows) or "Eject" (Mac) the Kindle from your computer
- When the USB activity indicator on your Kindle stops flashing, unplug the USB cable from your Kindle
- The FiXT Ebook should now appear in your Kindle library
For more on transferring files via USB or via the Kindle's email service see sections 8.2 and 8.3 of your Kindle User's Guide.
Loading a MOBI FiXT eBook to Kindle Fire:
To add a Mobipocket (".mobi") FiXT Ebook to your Kindle Fire:
- Turn your Kindle on.
- Connect the Kindle to your computer with a USB Cable (note that the Kindle Fire does not ship with a cable so you will need to supply your own). Your Kindle Screen will now say "You can now transfer files from your computer to Kindle"
- On your computer, the Kindle's hard drive should be mounted and displayed as "KINDLE"
- Drag and drop the ".mobi" Ebook file into either the "Books" or "Documents" folder on your Kindle
- Unplug the Kindle from your computer: choose "Safely Remove Mass Storage Device" (Windows) or "Eject" (Mac)
Your books will show up in the Docs section of your Kindle Fire, as well as in the carousel.
Loading a EPUB FiXT eBook to iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch:
1. Open iTunes
2. Drag the ePub files to the Books icon (on the left sidebar, under Library)
3. Select your device (on the left sidebar, under devices)
4. In the main screen, choose the Books tab at the top
5. Make sure that synch books is checked
6. Either click on the “All Books” option or select the books that you want
7. Sync your device
Loading a EPUB FiXT eBook to Barnes & Noble eReader
1. Download and open our eBook with the Barnes & Noble Nook app or eReader as you would open any document. This application does not provide any library service, so you may organize your eBooks on your PC anyway you like. This application cannot read PDFs and it cannot read or sync your library with documents on connected devices.
Loading a EPUB FiXT eBook to Nook
1. Connect the nook to the computer and see the Nook Drive mount
2. Copy your EPUB FiXT file to the Nook’s My Documents folder
3. To view it in the Nook, go to My Library
4. Tap view My Documents
5. Tap Check for New Content
6. Select the book
Loading a EPUB FiXT eBook to Sony Reader
1. Connect the Sony Reader to the computer
2. Open the Reader Library application (ebookstore.sony.com/download)
3. Copy your EPUB FiXT file to the Reader’s My Documents folder
4. Sync your reader